News & Announcements
- Dr. Ward -- Computer Scientist Improves
Video Chat Quality by Saving Bandwidth When You Blink
- The University of Texas at El Paso
Launches Effort to Recruit More Women into Computer Science and Engineering Majors.
- Congratulations to CS
students Alexander Knaust and Marianna Pena who received first place in the 3rd Annual Texas Security Awareness Week Student Workshop
and Competition held at UT Dallas. Two other students, Gabriel Higareda and Josh Hicks, placed 6th out of 21 student teams competing.
Great job in representing UTEP!
- UTEP announces a brand new internship program providing
real-world applications for academic know-how in the midst of the U.S. Army's most progressive arena. The Brigade Modernization
Command (BMC) is offering the chance for undergraduate and graduate students to earn a year-long internship spot with their
- Spring 2014 advising to start on October 21. More details here!
- Congratulations to Josh Day!
On August 9th research poster presentations by students from the 2013 Homeland Security Summer Scholars Academy, the presentation by Joshua Day, a visiting REU student researcher who worked with TRACS group (under the mentorship of Luc Longpre, Vladik Kreinovich, and Ali Jalal-Kamali), was recognized as one of the three best. Congratulations to Josh!
- Advising for the fall 2013 and late advising for the summer will take place next week: June 3-7, 2013. Please contact the front desk to schedule an appointment.
- Congratulations to Keicha Myers who received the LSAMP NSF research academy and a position with Exxon-Mobil in Houston.
- It's my pleasure to announce Alejandro Vega's thesis, "On The Selection of Prosodic Features for Language Modeling", has been selected as the recipient of UTEP's 2012 Outstanding Thesis Award. Congratulations to Alejandro and his advisor, Dr. Nigel Ward, for a great job and a well-deserved award!
- We'd like to share the good news: Alla Dove was awarded the highly prestigious GRFP fellowship from the National Science Foundation. Dr. Salamah Salamah worked with her on her research plan.
And Curtis Chambers who received honorable mention. His research advisor is Chris Kiekintveld.
Congratulations to both Alla and Curtis!
- Research Experience for Undergraduates (REU)
2013 Summer Program in Data Intensive Computing Clemson University
- Associate Professor Shirley Moore has been awarded $599,478 by Iowa State University for a Co-design Approach for Advances in Software and Hardware (CoDAASH),a project funded by the United States Air Force Office of Scientific Research (AFOSR).