Upcoming Workshops at UTEP
- UTEP/NMSU Joint Workshop
Nov 5, 2011
Recent Conferences and Workshops at UTEP
Nov 13, 2010.
North American Fuzzy Information Processing Society
March 18-20, 2011.
4th International Workshop on Constraint Programming and Decision Making
March 17, 2011.
Graduate School Resources, by UTEP Faculty and Staff
- Graduate School Admission Estimator
- CAHSI Fellowship/Scholarship listing
- How to Get a Letter of Recommendation (.pdf)
A tool for prospective students to input their data and get a list of Computer Science graduate programs where they are likly to be accepted.
Opportunities for Undergraduates, Graduate Students, and Post-Docs
Advice on how to help your professor write a strong letter for you
CS Research, Writing, etc.
- Advice on Research and Writing
- How To Write a Dissertation
- How to Write a PhD Thesis
- Writing and Presenting Your Thesis or Dissertation
- Your Dissertation
- Some Advice on Writing a Technical Report
- "So long, and thanks for the Ph.D.!" a.k.a. " Everything I wanted to know about C.S. graduate school at the beginning but didn't learn until later."
- ACM Crossroads
A series of links and articles designed to advise Computer Science students on how to do research and how to communicate effectively
A guide to preparing a Ph.D. dissertation in experimental Computer Science
A general guide on PhD thesis preparation, available in both Spanish and English
Topics such as how to select a supportive committee, how to make a compelling presentation of your research outcomes and how to actually get the document written; available in English and Spanish versions.
A general guide with practical advice on starting, drafting, and completing your dissertation
Guidelines for Computer Science students about communicating their findings through technical reports
A computer science graduate school survival guide, intended for prospective or novice graduate students
Articles on career planning, graduate school and other computer science topics
Related Programs at UTEP
- Computer Information Systems
- Computational Science
- Electrical and Computer Engineering