The University of Texas at El Paso is accredited by the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools, SACS.
The University of Texas at El Paso is recognized as a National Center of Academic Excellence in Cyber Operations as well as a National Center of Academic Excellence in Cyber Defense by the National Security Agency.
The Computer Science B.S. Program is accredited by the Accreditation Commission of ABET, www.abet.org.
ABET accreditation shows that our Computer Science program meets the essential standards that will teach and prepare you to enter the computer science field. By graduating from an ABET accredited school, you show you have a solid educational foundation and that you are capable of leading the way in “innovation, emerging technologies, and in anticipating the welfare and safety needs of the public.”
Employers worldwide trust ABET accreditation to prove you have a solid computer science education.
Graduating from an ABET accredited Computer Science program, as described by ABET…
- Verifies that your educational experience meets the global standard for technical education in your profession.
- Enhances your employment opportunities—multinational corporations require graduation from an accredited program.
- Supports your entry to a technical profession through licensure, registration, and certification—all of which often require graduation from an ABET-accredited program as a minimum qualification.
- Establishes your eligibility for many federal student loans, grants, and/or scholarships.
- Paves the way for you to work globally, because ABET accreditation is recognized worldwide through international agreements, and many other countries’ national accredi