International Conference on Interval Methods and their Application
in Global Optimization (INTERVAL'98)
April 20-23, Nanjing, China
Back to the main Interval'98 webpage
- The conference will start at 9:00, April 20, 1998 at ZhiXing Building
of Nanjing University.
- Registration will start on April 19 at the reception desk of
Nanyuan hotel of Nanjing University.
The conference office will be open from 8:30, April 19 until
the end of the ledctures.
- Upon payment of the registration fee you will receive the abstract
booklet together with the program and information materials.
- Registration fee is US$120 which includes an abstract booklet,
a registration packet, coffee breaks (coffee, tea and other
refreshments) each day, one day sightseeing to the traditional place
of interest in Nanjing and around and a banquet.
- Payment can be made in US$, DM, or Chinese Renminbi(RMB). No other
currrencies, credit cards or cheques will be accepted. Please
provide yourself with above currencies before your registration.
- There is no facility for currency exchange near or at
university campus. You will find banks at airport and in central
Nanjing. In Nanjing, banks open from Monday to Sunday, 8:30 to 16:00.
- The conference will take place at ZhiXing Building of Nanjing
- Rooms of university Nanyuan Hotel have been reserved and the
restaurant is close to the hotel.
- INTERVAL'98 participants will receive the special conference rate
for rooms and meals.
US$35 double room/night.
US$50 double room/night and 3 meals for one person.
US$65 double room/night and 3 meals for two people.
(Unfortunately, there is no single room in Nanyuan Hotel.)
- If you need a luxurious room in a star level hotel, please let us
know. We will reserve it for you.
- Healthy menu options are included in all meal functions. Please let
us know if you prefer exclusively vegetarin meals or other special
- Transportation to University and University Nanyuan Hotel.
- Nanjing LUKOU international airport is located 50 km East of
Nanjing. There are flights to LUKOU airport from
HonhKong, Shanghai, Beijing, Guangzhou, and some other big cities
in China. You may call a Taxi from airport to University Nanyuan
Hotel. It costs about US$15 or you can take the airport bus to
Nanjing city area (Hanzhong Road stop). It costs about US$4.
And then call a taxi to University Nanyuan Hotel. It costs about US$3.
- Nanjing Railway Station is located 10 km North of Nanjing
University. A taxi from the railway station to Nanyuan Hotel
costs about US$3.
- Emergency contact
- In case you are faced with some emergency after your arrival in
Nanjing, you can reach the conference office by telephone
(25)3593111 - ext 1108 on
April 19, 8:30 to 22:00.
- Before beginning of the conference all communications regarding
INTERVAL'98 should be directed to:
Professor Shen Zuhe
Department of Mathematics
- fax (86)(25)3302728 (marked to Mathematics
- telephone (86)(25)3729209
from 20:00 to 24:00 (Chinese time zone)
(because of the language problem
sometimes,you would better to use e-mail, mail
- If you have other problems please do not hesitate to contact the
organizers are one of the above contact addresses.
We are looking forward to meeting you in Nanjing.
Back to Previous Conferences
on Interval Computations
Back to the main menu of the Interval