Lexical Disambiguation Assignment
- Write down the appropriate translation for fight into your native
language for each of the following contexts.
- ... fight the mites ...
- Fight spam on the Internet!
- The Web Standards Project is a grassroots coalition fighting
for standards that ensure simple, affordable access to web technologies
- An ideal system to model the evolution
of drug resistance and design anti-HIV drugs necessary to fight AIDS
- Do you support the fight?
- (Boxing News 24 hours/day) Your all-in-one source for fight news on-line and FREE!
- Are you looking for your favorite college fight song?
- I hereby declare the Blogger Snowball Fight 2002 a SMASHING success.
- How to Fight So the Other Guy Goes to Jail
- When the next fight begins, pause and rewind to before the electrocution.
- Write a dictionary entry for fight.
- Copy the entry for fight in a published dictionary, and note the
- Write a bilingual dictionary entry for fight.
- Copy the entry for fight in a published bilingual dictionary,
and note the differences.
- Sketch out an algorithm, with appropriate data structures, able
to correctly disambiguate or translate fight in each of the contexts
above. You may assume that someone else has created a 100% reliable algorithm
for disambiguating and translating every other word and structure of English.
- For each of the contexts below, what result would your algorithm
give? Is it right?
- They fight crime.
- East Bay Youths Fight Violence Together.
- He was making noise and offering to fight John McDonald and
others in the room where he broke a chair and table.
- Businesses on Strip Fight Noise Rules.
- ... if they will support Noise if it runs a proxy fight to get control ...
- Many parents, tired of turning every meal into a food fight, surrender to the food whims of their children.
- Spain, Morocco Fight Over, Have Same IQ As, Rock
NLP Home . . . Nigel Ward Home