Schedule: Mondays and Wednesdays, 4:30 - 5:50 p.m., Room CCS 1.0202
Instructor: David Novick, Room Eng A148, email@example.com, 747-6031
Text: Designing the User Interface, 5th Edition, by Ben Shneiderman and Catherine Plaisant. Addison Wesley, 2010.
Overview: This course is an introduction to human-computer interaction, including: the theory of human-computer interaction; development methods for interfaces such as user-centered design, prototyping, and participatory design; evaluation and testing techniques, such as heuristic evaluation, the cognitive walkthrough, and usability testing; user-interface programming; and ethical and societal issues.
- Designing Interfaces: Patterns for Effective Interaction Design.
Jenifer Tidwell. O'Reilly, 2006.(link)
- User-Centered Website Development: A Human-Computer Interaction Approach.
Daniel D. McCracken and Rosalee J. Wolfe. Pearson Prentice Hall, 2004. (link)
- Building Interactive Systems.
Dan R. Olsen Jr. Course Technology, 2010.(link)
- Assignment A, due August 29, 2012.
- Assignment B, due September 5, 2012.
- Assignment C, due September 17, 2012.
- Assignment D, due October 1, 2012.
- Release for Assignment D
- Assignment E, due October 8, 2012.
- Groups for Course Project
- Assignment F, due October 17, 2012.
- Assignment G, due October 29, 2012.
- Midterm 1 Catch-Up, due November 14, 2012.
- Assignment H, due November 5, 2012.
- Assignment I, due November 12, 2012.
- Release for Assignment I
- Episode Analysis Form for Assignment I
- Task-Action Analysis Form for Assignment I
- Summary Analysis Form for Assignment I
- Usability Analysis Slides
- Assignment J, due November 21, 2012.
- Assignment K, due December 5, 2012.
- Graduate Assignments