Computer Science Undergraduate and Graduate Studies
Visit the University Career Center for all career-related resources, including information about Career Fairs, employment opportunities on campus, internships, and employers on campus. In addition, learn how to prepare a resume and how to present yourself in a job interview. Use Job Mine, the online database for jobs, interviews, career events, and Miner Mentors, exclusively for UTEP students and members of the UTEP Alumni Association.
The internship program aims to provide students with practical experiences that enhance and complement classroom learning. Internships better prepare students for future careers by engagement in valuable experiences that put classroom theory into practice, as well as challenge students to develop professional skills and knowledge needed to ensure career prospects upon graduation within the Computer Science program.
Computer Science students in all degree programs are eligible to gain three credit hours to count towards their degree provided they satisfy the following requirements:
- GPA Requirements: 2.0 for undergraduate students and 3.0 for graduate students
- Enrollment Requirements: Student must be enrolled and fully admitted to UTEP
- Students must have completed at least one semester of coursework at UTEP.
- Undergraduate students must have completed CS 3331.
- Undergraduate students must register for CS 4173, CS 4273, or CS 4373.
- Graduate students must register for CS 5373.
- Other requirements: Students must submit a one-page summary of their internship experiences at the end of the internship. The Program Director must receive the Internship Performance Evaluation form from the supervisor at the end of the internship.
OTHER INTERNSHIP OPPORTUNITY
US Army ARL Summer Internship: arl-summer-internship-fy2017
Summer 2017 Undergraduate Interns
|Sergio Rosales||National Science Foundation(NSF)|
|Alexis Reyes||Johns Hopkins Applied Physics Laboratory|
|Peter Hanson||Stanford University at the Army Research Center.|
|Martin Morales||Harris Corporation in Rochester, NY.|
|Aldo Perez||Johns Hopkins University Applied Physics Laboratory (JHUAPL)|
|Samuel Tinevra||Parabeac Inc.|
|Kevin Jimenez Garcia||UTEP P3 programs|