Computer Science Undergraduate Studies
Make sure to get connected to networking, and scholarship and research opportunities. Speak to your advisor about CS opportunities and request information on how to become engaged in research. Take advantage of the different student meeting rooms. There are two locations where students can study, practice coding, and conduct group work: CCSB 1.0706 (Knowledge Base), and CCSB G.0512.
Registration and advising dates are available on the CS calendar. Below are some quick reminders about advising.
- Schedule your appointment during early advising to ensure you get the schedule you want.
- Send an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org if you don’t know your advisor’s name.
- Follow the online instructions to schedule an appointment with your assigned advisor.
- Review the following links: UTEP catalog course descriptions, CS Degree plan, and Advising prior to your appointment.
- To get approval to register for CS 4310 you must fill out a final year plan of study form, and it must be reviewed and signed by your advisor. The final year plan of study form is available below; select the form according to the semester when you plan to graduate.