The CyberCorps® Scholarship For Service (SFS) program is designed to increase and strengthen the cadre of federal information assurance professionals that protect the government’s critical information infrastructure.
The funding will support graduate students in the Master’s of Science in Software Engineering (MSSwE) and the Ph.D. in CS programs. Undergraduates enrolled in the Fast-Track Dual Credit program may also qualify to receive an SFS Scholarship.
The University of Texas at El Paso (UTEP) is a National Center of Academic Excellence in Cyber Defense.
- Full-paid tuition
- $3,000 for health insurance
- $2,000 for books and school supplies
- $4,000 for professional development/travel
- Annual stipend: $34,000 for graduate students and $22,500 for undergraduates in the dual-credit program
- U.S. Citizenship or permanent residency
- Ability to obtain a U.S. security clearance
- Senior standing
- Competitive GPA
- Enrollment in or eligible to be enrolled in the fast-track program (BSCS/MSSwE) by the time of the scholarship award
- Complete degree program successfully and on time,
- Complete a summer internship with a participating government agency,
- Serve in Federal, State, Local, Tribal, or Territorial government positions after graduation.
Service obligation will be equal to one year of service in a cyber-security related position for each year of funding received, and
- Attend the annual CyberCorps® SFS job fair in Washington DC (All expenses paid)
For more information regarding the government agency service obligation, please consult the Cybersecurity Enhancement Act of 2014 document.
To apply for UTEP’s SFS program, complete the application form available at the FOLLOWING LINK. The link also contains information on other application material.
FALL 2018 APPLICATION DEADLINE: 03/15/2018