Due Date: Sunday, October 25, 2009.
Objective: The goal of this assignment is to practice ordered
Assignment: You will create a list of objects representing
students in our department. Students are inserted in positions such that
the list is alphabetically ordered according to the names of the
students. Each such student object should contains three fields:
- the student's name,
- the student's data of birth, and
- the student's email.
In the main program, test your methods by filling in information about
at least six
UTEP CS students and by printing their names in alphabetical order.
- for starting such a list,
- for inserting a new student,
- for printing the name of the students in alphabetical order
For extra credit: Enhance the methods above to support a
secondary student list ordered by date of birth (older students are
listed first). Please note that the methods will need to support the
maintenance of both lists at once. The enhancements are listed as follows:
In the main program, your will perform, test your methods by filling in
information about at least six UTEP CS students and by showing that your
methods can be used to print the names in either the alphabetical order
of their names or the age-order of their date of birth.
- the initialization method of the first list (i.e., the alphabetical
list) should also start the secondary list
- the insert method for the alphabetical list should also insert the
new student into the secondary list
- write a new method for printing the name of the students according
to their date of birth